Friday, February 6, 2009

Kid friendly Chicken soup


I walked in from home tried and really really cold. This winter seems worse than usual - or do I feel like this every winter? I am craving for a cup of hot tea and I see my kids gobbling down this soup. Looks like they have convinced my Nanny to make Chicken Noodle soup again! Both my kids love this soup and it is a lovely way to get them to eat the vegetables. Also its a meal in itself and tastes better the next day...


Neha of "Tasty recipes' Blog is guest hosting "SWC-Soups" event this month. SWC event is started by Lakshmi of "Taste of Mysore" blog. Neha has chosen "healthy soups with fresh vegetables" as a theme. Thanks to both of you. Here is my soup. It has all fresh ingredients - though it does have the chicken too...


Ingredients


2 chicken legs
Enough water to cover chicken
2 handful of dried pasta
1 potato peeled and cut into small pieces
1/4 celery stick cut into small pieces
1 /2 carrot cut into small pieces
1/2 tea spoon of olive oil
Salt to taste


How to


Cover chicken pieces with water and little salt and cook until chicken comes off the bones easily.
Debone the chicken and cut into small pieces.

Take a separate pan and add little oil. Fry the vegetables in it for 2 minutes, until all vegetables are coated niceley with oil but before they change color. Add the broth from above and boil the vegetables on slow fire for about 45 min.

Once the vegetables are nearly done, add the chicken pieces and dried pasta and let it cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is soft.

2 comments: